Tuesday, December 13, 2011

This post is LONG overdue!

So....since the last time I've written (I'm sorry, it's been so long because for the longest time all I wanted to write about was this baby, but it wasn't time yet, then I got distracted with school, yada, yada...) I have announced to the world that Nate and I are having a baby!


So....it has been quite a journey leading up to now.  I am currently 22 weeks pregnant (5 1/2 months) and I love every minute of it (well, most minutes!).  My pregnancy has been a series of stages, and I think it'd be fun to share them :)

Pre-stage stage:  Am I pregnant?  Time to take the test!  Yay!  I'm pregnant!  And now the wait begins to tell the WORLD!

Stage 1:  Why am I not more sick?  Is my baby OK?  I haven't gained any weight.  Is my baby OK?  We are due April 14th!

Stage 2:  Oh, now I'm nauseous!  And starving! And tired!  Is my baby OK?  We heard the heartbeat!  Yay!

Stage 3:  Nausea subsided!  I feel better, and I'm not QUITE as tired.  Time to tell the WORLD!  I am pregnant, yay!  Still haven't gained much weight.  Is my baby OK?!  What's that pain?  Is my baby OK?

Stage 4:  My belly is starting to show...popping out juuuust a little.  Not enough for people to know I'm pregnant (not strangers, anyway), but I can tell!  Somewhere around now I have switched midwife practices (tell me I'd be selfish regarding ANYTHING concerning this pregnancy, and you don't get me as a patient!)  Getting a lot of headaches.  Is my baby OK?  I can feel the baby rolling around, like I'm on a rollercoaster, but not solid, unquestionable movements/kicks yet.  Is my baby OK?!  We had our ultra-sound!  What a perfect little baby we have growing!  Perfect little profile, perfect little nose...We are totally, completely IN LOVE!  And we have decided not to find out the gender..we're going for the surprise!  Ouch, that hurt!  Is my baby OK?!

Stage 5:  OK, my belly is definitely getting bigger now!  People who don't know me can tell I'm pregnant.  I have recently started feeling actual kicks.  But, wait, I haven't felt the baby move in a couple hours...is my baby OK?! 

And so it goes...notice a trend?  Welcome to motherhood, self!

3 comments:

  1. I loveyou and this little baby! I can't wait to see him/ her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are my babies OK? Is a question I will ask many times a day for the rest of my life. I am so excited for you! Enjoy every single second and NEVER wish for something to hurry...(I wish he/she would hurry and get here....I wish he would sleep through the night, or I wish he would walk.) It all goes by SO FAST enjoy every single stage :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely seeing the new mother worries emerging! Maternal extinct, baby! You're gonna be a great mama, girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are subject to moderation, and will be deleted if moderator sees fit. If you don't have anything nice to say, go read another blog...